MoSync AB is an Open Souce software company, founded in late 2004 by an international team of mobile entrepreneurs, passionate about simplifying development of mobile applications and services, opening up the mobile space to more people around the globe. The company is located in Stockholm, Sweden and has a development office in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
The vision for our flagship products, the MoSync® SDK and MoSync® Reload, and is to make it easy, fast and cost efficient to develop and distribute mobile applications over a broad range of devices, platforms and distribution channels. Our goal is to enable developers to spend the majority of their time and effort to develop the actual applications, and less in adapting to platforms and hardware in an increasingly heterogenuous world.
Ilkka Raiskinen, CEO
Ilkka is one of the true pioneers in mobile software and services with 25 years of industry experience. Ilkka has held several top management positions at Nokia, among them he was SVP head of software & services at Nokia's Multimedia & Smart phone Division during 2005-2008.
- Alex Jonsson, co-founder, CTO and head of professional services and partnerships. Alex pioneered new media developments in the Swedish newspaper industry in the early 90's, focused on digital publishing methods and holds a PhD of Habilitation in online communication from Stanford University and the Royal Institute of Technology.
- Ilkka Raiskinen, Chairman
- Ralf Wahlsten, Open Ocean
- Raoul Stubbe, STING capital
- Antony Hartley, MoSync
- Dr Alex Jonsson, MoSync
- Tomas Uppgård, MoSync
- STING Capital, established in 2005 by Innovationsbron Stockholm and STING Stockholm Innovation and Growth, with the aim of meeting the growing need for financial support for companies in the initial phases of development. STING is one of the world's leading backers of high-tech start-ups with promising global potential.
- David Axmark is a co-founder of the open source MySQL project and the company behind it. He continuously applies experience gained from working with the business concept, strategy and commercial aspects to MoSync and the mobile development market.
- Michael “Monty” Widenius (via Open Ocean) is the main author of the original version of MySQL database and a founding member of MySQL AB.
- John Wattin, an an experienced entrepreneur with more than 30 years in the IT industry. John is a co-founder of Enator (TietoEnator) and has held executive positions at Mandator and Sigma. He is also the former chairman of MySQL AB and is currently chairman of Betsson, Qbranch and Optivy AB, a board member of Touring Exhibition AB and Silentium.