To build the Moblin runtimes you will need a machine running Ubuntu (9.10).
1. First install the runtime dependencies in the Linux terminal:
sudo apt-get install gcc g++ ruby rake subversion rpm sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev libexpat1-dev sudo apt-get install libbluetooth3-dev libsdl1.2-dev sudo apt-get install libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-ttf2.0-dev sudo apt-get install libfreeimage-dev libssl-dev
Important! Do not install libsdl-sound -- Moblin does not support this library.
2. Download the source tarball (.tar.bz2) of our current feature release from our website or from our open-source project repository:
Alternatively, get the source tarball for our latest nightly build from our website:
or through TortoiseGit:
git clone https://github.com/MoSync/MoSync.git MoSync git clone https://github.com/MoSync/Eclipse.git Eclipse
must download the same version as you downloaded to build the MoSync
SDK for Windows or OS X. If you do not, when you try to use the SDK you
may get an “IDL Version Mismatch” error.
3. Run the Linux runtime builder script in the MoSync source directory::
4. You will now have two files in the current directory:
Rename them to:
5. If you are building the MoSync SDK for Windows, move the files to the following folder on the Windows build machine,
You are then ready to run the SDK build script.
If you are building the MoSync SDK for OS X, copy the runtimes to the machine on which you have installed the MoSync SDK, in the directory: