To use this debugging feature you will need an Apple Mac OS X machine with the iOS SDK installed on it.
You will also need MoSync Reload Beta 4 or later.
Note that this feature is not implemented on the MoSync Reload Client available from the Apple App Store. You must build and install the Reload Client that comes with the latest Reload download. Please note the client included in the package is only compatible with iOS 5 and above.
Follow the guide for Using MoSync Reload to get started.
1. Run the MoSync Reload Server on your local machine.
2. Open the iOS Client in the downloaded package in xCode and run it on the iOS simulator. The app should display the running server when launched, select it to connect (if not, enter the server IP address manually and connect).
3. Reload an app on your simulator. If you have not yet created an app, just create a new project using the Web-based template. The running app should look like this:
4. Now open a Safari Window and enter the following address in the address bar:
5. The browser will open the Web Inspector view with access to your HTML5 code running on the simulator. Your browser window should look something like this:
For example if you click on a part of the HTML code in the debugger that element will be highlighted on the simulator screen and you can inspect the result of your code:
Note: To be able to load the debugger for each new reloaded app you need to refresh the page in your Safari Window.