MoSync sponsors Apps World Europe 2012 and shares its views on HTML5Published by Mimmis on August 22, 2012
MoSync is a Gold Sponsor of AppsWorld Europe 2012 in London, UK on October 2-3. Don't miss the MoSync presentation and what's expected to be a lively panel debate in the HTML5 devcon - Web apps workshop, held on day two - 3rd October. We’re also looking forward to catching up with developers in the MoSync booth at the event – visit us in Stand #62.
Held at Earls Court 2 and now in its 3rd year, Apps World has grown to be one of the leading global multi-platform events in the mobile industry. Over 5,000 developers, mobile operators, device manufacturers, platform owners, mobile marketers and industry professionals are expected for two days of top-level content, networking, comprehensive industry exhibition and examination of new technologies, markets and channels driving innovation.
There are ten targeted workshop tracks, covering the key issues across the app ecosystem. I’d recommend you to attend the two-day Developer Zone tracks and the dedicated HTML5 workshop on day two, where MoSync will be actively contributing. More info about the latter below.
HTML5 and Web apps day at Apps World
The dedicated HTML5 devcon on October 3rd provides analysis into the key strategies and business models for building a mobile based web strategy based on HTML5. It examines how to create compelling HTML5 based apps, how to migrate them to native apps, and how to build a roadmap to an open mobile web. MoSync will be there to share its views on these important topics through the below engagements:
Panel: Creating compelling HTML5 apps – How to get the look and feel right of HTML5 based apps
The panel starts at 11:00 and will cover the following:
- How to develop applications for mobile devices using the latest web technology
- Learn the nuances of developing the right touch – get the look and feel right
- Are Web apps on par with native apps? What is missing and how does it impact your app development? Should you ever design for a desktop /keyboard again?
- HTML5: make the most of the current features to make your app as efficient as possible
- HTML5 capabilities, limitations and future potential - How can HTML5 improve the user experience without Flash?
- Best practices for how to use HTML5, CSS3 and the new APIs available on modern mobile platforms
Dr. Alex Jonsson, Co-Founder & Chief Technical Officer at MoSync, will be on the panel, along with fellow industry experts from Brightcove, Sencha, an HTML5 author and a freelance standards consultant.
30-minute presentation – How HTML5 guys survive in native app land
In the afternoon, starting at 15:20, you will hear Ali Sarrafi, who is technology and product evangelist and community manager at MoSync, give his views on the benefits of HTML5 and how you can leverage it for your app development. I think we can expect him to cover things like:
- The challenges that web developers typically face when moving over to mobile app development and how the development experience differs
- Why developing an app for mobile no longer have to be a choice between creating a mobile website vs. learning how to program a mobile app natively
- Typical app use cases for web developers going mobile
- How to test an HTML5-based app on multiple platforms at the same time
Visit MoSync in Stand #62, next to the Developer Zone along one of the main aisles in the Earls Court 2 exhibition hall.
Hope to see you there!